Volunteering at a therapeutic riding center is fun, challenging, and oh-so-rewarding. At Ridin' High, we have a great community of volunteers, who work as a team to keep our therapy center running smoothly. While we always need volunteers to help with the lessons as horse leaders and sidewalkers, there are a myriad of ways in which people can help as volunteers at Ridin' High:
- Assist those with disabilities during weekly lessons
- Prepare horses for lessons
- Feed, brush, and care for the horses
- Mow, line trim, or bushhog fields
- Facility maintenance / repair / improvements
- Help with office work
- Help with special events (rodeo, horse show, dog show)
- Train or exercise horses
- Write grants
- Develop publicity materials
- Help with accounting
- Web development / social media
- Clean (tack, stable, stalls)
Overall, we aim to match people with their interests and in line with their skills. The level of commitment is also up to the volunteer...you can commit to weekly lessons to assist particular riders or just jump in during fundraising events. Either way...welcome to the Ridin' High Family!
If you'd like to join us, contact us at 423-585-0331 or email@example.com.